Recently, we’ve had the rather cool experience of running on historic Route 66. Until now, I had no idea how much Route 66 means to some people. The attendant at Roy’s gas station in Amboy told us that Roy’s–the last remaining original building on Route 66–is swamped with people–mostly of foreign origin–who have traveled from around the world to experience the legend and lore of Route 66. Among other things, the site is often used for photo shoots and movie sets for which people pay several pretty pennies. We parked our trailer and stayed for a couple of nights across the street from Roy’s. Kris woke up on the morning of our departure inspired to do a photo shoot before we hit the road. Historic setting, brilliant morning light, beautiful model and click, click, click. Was good to get some kicks while David’s kicking butt and I’m getting my butt kicked on Route 66.
Tax Deductible Donations!
Like Running The Country
Run With Us!!!
- We're Monsanto is Free Oct 8-12. Download it now!
- A War Train, GMO Free Message, and Kiss
- 14 Reasons Our Family Boycotts Kellogg’s
- Begich Disturbed by Reports of Potentially Damaging Frankenfish and GMO Wheat
- Hawaiians Battle Biotechnology Chemical Giants
- Running For a GMO Free USA Route
- Dr. Vandana Shiva March Against Monsanto
- Thank You For Your Generous Donation!
- Former Pro-GMO Scientist Speaks Out On The Real Dangers of Genetically Engineered Food
TagsAgent Orange Alaska BASF Bayer Biotech Industry Brett Wilcox Castle Hill Chuck Miller David Wilcox DDT Dow Dr. Vandana Shiva Dupont Pioneer Frankenfish Fund Run genetically modified organisms GMO Free NJ GMO Free USA GMOs Grocery Manufacturers Association Harbor Mountain Imani Altemus-Williams Indian Farmer Suicides Institute For Responsible Technology KCAW Lie After Lie March Against Monsanto Monsanto Mt. Verstovia non-GMO's Order 81 running running America Running For a GMO Free USA running the country running the USA Seed Freedom Shannon Haugland Sitka Sitka Conservation Society Sitka Sentinel Syngenta Vandana Shiva We're Monsanto: Feeding The World We're Monsanto Feeding the World Lie After Lie